Sunday, January 10, 2010

Superman, Batman, Spiderman and 1Malaysia

Every Prime Minister of Malaysia got their own slogan/tagline. That's 1 of the way to show their own unique presence, to differentiate themselves from the previous Prime Minister.

During the satay-Mahathir days, we had the passionate 'WAWASAN 2020'. I still remember seeing those colourful posters, advertisements as well as partriotic songs during my primary school days. The then government portraited 'WAWASAN 2020' so real that I believe that it will be the reality in 20 years time. I'm once fascinated by the high-speed bullet train which I saw in 1 of the colourful posters. Back then, I always thought, what so great about US and those developed western countries? We will be at the same level too, in 20 years time, of course. Well, I was too young and too naive that time to believe something like that. Ehem, it's normal I think. Just like all of us once believe that 'Superman', 'Batman' and 'Spiderman' really exist in this world. Don't deny, everyone has its younger days.

So, it's 2010 now. Soon it'll be 2020. When China has introduced its 341km/h train, Malaysia has just imported 4 second-hand diesel train of speed 80km/h for RM30mil. And soon, I will have to painfully accept the fact that Malaysia Bullet Train remans as a fantasy. Yes, just like the facet that Superman actually doesn't exist.

Then, we had blah-la-la Pak Lah trying his hardest in the effort of OPPOSING CORRUPTION, soon after he had won the 11th General Election. To solve a problem, we usually set up a committee. So Anti-Corruption Agency a.k.a SPRM is set up. But it proved that to cut off the root of all evil in the government required more determination and preserverance than what Pak Lah equiped of. Look at the result. Malaysia's corruption ranking had fallen to 56, from 47 last year. We were ranked 23 in 1995 and today, we fell to the lowest ranking. We are moving backwards with SPRM. How could the ranking fall even after they have 'done so many' and put in so much of manpower and resources?

It appears to be the lack of political commitments. More and more cases are lieft unsettled while those cases brought to court ended up in loss. Where are the big fish that SPRM claimed? Please pardon my ignorance as I did not see any significant effort in countering corrouption.

Even if there is, it would probably be SENSITIVE and SECRETIVE, just like the landslide case.

What about V.K.Lingam's case? What about PKFZ scandal? And most importantly, what about mysterious death of Teoh Beng Hock? I use the word 'mysterious' and you know why. I do not want to end up like Mr. Lim Guan Eng. It has come to a point that we could not voice out our concern, we are banned from speculation, even if the truth is so obvious.

And all of us know, these cases will soon be entering the cooling period. And soon they will fade off because there are too many other issues arise that require our attention. GST, sugar subsidy, stolen engin, etc and etc. The government view all Malaysian as good citizen because of the 'nilai-nilai murni' or cultures such as forgetful and forgiveful. Every year, we will tell each other 'maaf zahir batin', and then every 5 years, we will forget all the bad that the government have done and voted them again.

These are the core values of a good citizen in Malaysia. And we are being treated like a small kid.

"Weep no more, boy, here is your little candy," said the Government.

Now, 2010. c4-maN-AJIB's Greatest Hits, "1MALAYSIA".

I wonder, what does 1Malaysia mean? I always thought it means '1Malaysia for all Malaysian'. But my rational again reminds me to grow up and don't believe in 'Spiderman' anymore. Marvel's heroes only exist in fantasy world.

Because, if 'great minds think alike', lol, then this tagline/slogan is super duper behind time again, for like 45 years.

In 1964, the then Secretary-General of PAP, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew once introduced 'Malaysian Malaysia'. This has stirred up a huge and violent consequence and resulted in the permanent separation of Republic of Singapore from Federation of Malaysia. I bet the 'Singaporean Singapore' now will be greatly relieved that they are OUT from the Bermuda Triangle that all Malaysian are going around now.

Ok, I am a coward and to prevent myself being ISAed or burnt for 'playing with fire' like what Mr. Lim Kit Siang had done in 1999, I will make the following statement: Mr. Lee Kuan Yew's 'Malaysian Malaysia' is different from Mr. Najib's '1Malaysia' because Mr. Lee opposed Article 153 of the Constitution of Malaysia. Err, somemore, I myself personally super support Article 153 lo.

Alright, abit out of topic. What I am trying to say is '1Malaysia' is just another propaganda, tagline, slogan and 'candy' for them to gain back their votes in the coming 13th General Election. And this propaganda isn't cheap as professional image designers are hired to make this a successful brainwash, using taxpayers' money of course.

Sorry people, for I know it's cruel to wake you all up from this beautiful sweet dream, but this is life and we do not live in the fantasy world like what the government trying to create. I feel super sad also when I first realised that my bullet-train is in vain. All the Christian out there, I also feel your pain when you wake up from your peaceful dream to learn that your churchs were burnt down.

To face the reality is super hard I know. Just like it took me very very long like 10 hours to realise that I am actually short, ugly and could not get a girl friend like Megan Fox.

The same goes to all the Malaysian. Malaysia is turning 53 years old this year, and we are all super grown up liao. Don't you think it is high time that we wake up to face the fact that 'Superman', 'Batman', and 'Spiderman' and all other upcoming Marvel's heroes only live in fantasy world while we are living in reality?

It took us super super long like 52 years to go through the 1969 Riots, 1971 New Economic Policy(NEP), Keris High-Five, Little Indian Temple, Chinese Squatters and the most recent Flaming Church. Sorry to say this, we actually know very well that there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between us:

You can spit out all kind of racial remarks and make all kind of disgusting gestures and only be suspended for a mere 1 year; but a gentle voice of mine or a Negarakuku song of mine would make me ended up in deep shit, jailed and even have to escape to other country.

You can have your demonstration openly and approved by the PM and shouted out loud loud for mere matters like translation of the name of GOD/Tuhan/etc, but I could not have my peaceful and romantic candle-light gathering for freedom of speech.

Therefore, YOU and ME know freaking well that YOU are DIFFERENT from ME. After numerous incidents, we already accepted the cruel fact that fair rights could not be given to all of us. So, please do not spent more money and effort on these futile slogans or taglines, just like those incomplete government project and white elephants. The word is 'ACTION speaks louder than all kind of SLOGANS'.

I would be happier and more grateful that you use all those money spent on these futile projects to subsidise the sugar of my teh tarik at the mamak stall or the water that my 'SLK'(Small Little Kancil) drink at the petrol station.

No matter how loud you shouted the slogan/tagline, no matter how sweet the little temporary 'candy' you give, we all are mature enough to realise the ugly truth behind all these as we are no longer small kids that believe in Superman anymore.

The TRUTH is, I always thought that I am a bloody racist, but, there are always people out there who are very much worse and more low life than me.

No comments: